Erectile dysfunction is a male sexual problem that can lead to relationship problems. How important is sex for any relationship and for individual health? How can you overcome ED and the sexless relationship? Read on this blog further and expand your knowledge on the same.
With growing age, our bodies change, and so do our sexual lives. For some people, it may mean experiencing problems in the bedroom.
Consider an example of a woman whose partner is struggling with erectile dysfunction. Not only their sex lives would get affected, but also it will impact their relationship.
Many men are so ashamed to talk about their sexual concerns with their partner or take medical assistance; they choose to get away from their partners. At the same time, their partner might feel rejected, unappreciated, and ultimately the relationship suffers.
It may be embarrassing for you to discuss your sexual problems with your doctor, but it’s essential for the good health of the man and the relationship.
How Important Is Sex?
Sex plays a crucial role in your life, including:
- Improves intimacy: Sex acts like glue in a relationship. When you orgasm, a hormone called oxytocin is released, which makes you feel more attached to your partner.
- Relieves stress: Oxytocin hormone, when released, also provides you with a feeling of relaxation and mitigates the feelings of general anxiety. It can improve your sleep quality as well.
- Boosts immunity: Studies suggest that people who are sexually active take fewer sick days than others. They have a good immune system, which keeps them protected from viruses, germs, and other intruders. Having sexually active isn’t enough; you should also do other things to strengthen your immune system, including eating healthily, staying active, getting adequate sleep, keeping yourself updated with the latest vaccinations, etc.
- Lowers blood pressure: Studies suggest there a strong link between sex and reduced blood pressure. Being sexually active can help lower your systolic blood pressure (the first number in your blood pressure readings).
What Exactly Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also called impotence, is a condition in which men find it difficult or impossible to have a firm erection that lasts long enough for having sexual intercourse.
Men with erectile dysfunction can take sildenafil citrate To achieve an erection. It is a PDE-5 inhibitor that helps improve blood flow in the penis, which helps men achieve erections when sexually stimulated.
The Challenges of ED
Erectile dysfunction can be challenging. Men start feeling guilty about themselves as they no longer can satisfy the sexual needs of their partner. They may feel embarrassed and lose their self-esteem and confidence.
It is equally challenging for the partners of men suffering from erectile dysfunction. Some women are supportive and help their partners overcome ED, while others may feel frustrated or disappointed.
Erectile Dysfunction and Other Health Concerns
Some other medical condition also leads to erection problems, including:
- Cardiovascular problems or other serious diseases: As men age, an inadequate erectile function can be the first sign of blockages in their blood vessels from cholesterol. Diabetes can lead to penile neuropathy, and prostate treatment or surgery can hormonally cease erections.
- Low testosterone: Growing age and a gradual decrease in testosterone levels may make you incapable of achieving and maintaining firm erections.
- Medications: Several medications, specifically those used in the treatment of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer, may contribute to erectile dysfunction.
- Valve issues: Valve issues unrelated to heart disease can also weaken your erections due to a backwash of blood.
How Can ED Be Treated?
In most cases, erectile dysfunction is treatable. The oral drugs, including Cenforce, Fildena, Vidalista, Viagra, etc., are effective in about two-thirds of men. Other treatment alternatives such as pumps, injections, and implants are usually available for men whose erection problem doesn’t recover with medications. Most men are able to have satisfying sex again, and so you should consult your doctor and receive appropriate treatment.
How Cenforce Helps Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
Cenforce, which contains sildenafil citrate as an active ingredient, is one of the most popular generic versions of viagra. This particular drug helps men attain firmer erections that last long. Cenforce is available in a variety of strengths, including Cenforce 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 120 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, etc.
Sildenafil is the same active substance that’s contained in Viagra. It is FDA-approved and helps improve blood circulation in the body when men get sexually stimulated. It works by prohibiting the action of a chemical in your body called phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE-5).
You can get sildenafil on a prescription from your doctor. Some pharmacies sell the medication over-the-counter also, but we would recommend talking to your doctor before using sildenafil. The drugs interact with certain medications and health conditions. Your doctor will let you know whether taking the medication would be appropriate for you.
Before taking sildenafil, make sure you read the manufacturer’s leaflet that comes along with the drug. It will provide you with more comprehensive information about the medication and a full list of side effects which you may experience from taking them.
Take sildenafil exactly the same way as your doctor recommends you to. It is not meant to be taken only before having sexual activity and not daily. Take one sildenafil tablet about one hour before engaging in sexual intercourse for a pleasurable experience. The drug usually starts its effects within 30 minutes of administration. Do not take more than one sildenafil pill in any 24-hour period as it can lead to adverse effects.
Sildenafil comes in a variety of strengths and dosages. Your doctor will likely prescribe the lowest dosage of the drug initially and subsequently increase it depending upon how well it works for you.