How to Get Rid of (Remove) Belly Fat!
Belly fat, also known as, Visceral or Abdominal fat is one of the most harmful types of fat stored deep inside the abdomen, surrounding the internal organs. Most people tend to store fat in the lower abdominal region that can cause significant health problems. Belly fat is responsible for producing hormones that can increase the risk of conditions such as heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, asthma, stroke and even premature death from severe health issues.
Causes of Gaining Belly Fat
There can be many reasons contributing to gaining unwanted belly fat. These include –
- Poor diet – Poor dietary choices such as sugary foods and drinks, trans fats, etc. can slow down the metabolism and cause weight gain in the lower abdominal area. Low protein and high carb diets can also impact body weight and the body’s ability to store fat in the belly.
- Lack of exercise – If you are consuming more calories than you are burning, then you are likely to store more fat underneath your belly. An inactive lifestyle will make it difficult for a person to get rid of the fat.
- Stress – Stress can cause people to eat more and seek comfort in food. The hormones responsible for managing stress in the body named cortisol starts storing the excess fat in the belly area and others for later use.
- Consuming alcohol –A research study claims that consuming alcohol causes men to gain fat around their abdomen besides other health issues.
- Smoking – Smoking, though not considered a direct cause, can be a risk factor that may escalate the problem.
- Poor sleep – According to some studies, a short sleep cycle often results in weight gain. Also, not sleeping enough may lead to emotional eating problems, causing belly fat.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Belly Fat
Belly fat is the hardest to get rid of, and natural ways may or may not work, as every individual’s metabolism is different. Natural remedies may only work to manage belly fat. However, the results are usually temporary and even result in other health issues as a side effect. It is best to consult a professional before proceeding with any natural remedy.
Healthy Diet Tips to Reduce Belly Fat
Diet has a direct impact on the belly fat, and the right diet can help significantly reduce it. Creating a calorie deficit by consuming lesser calories than you can burn will help get rid of it and aid weight loss. Below are some of the best diet tips to get a flatter stomach –
- Low-calorie foods – Eating fewer calories will lead to a calorie deficit and hence fat loss throughout the body, including the abdomen.
- Avoid processed foods – Avoid highly processed foods such as fast foods, bleached grains, etc., that may impact your metabolism and lead to blood sugar instability in the gut.
- Eliminate sugars – Sugars are the main culprit for unwanted visceral fat gain around the tummy. High sugar intake may also lead to insulin resistance and further promote belly fat. So, avoid or limit the intake of sugary foods and drinks.
- High protein diet – Proteins can help boost your stamina without adding those excess calories in your diet. Including lean proteins in your diet also encourages the feeling of fullness and reduces sugar cravings.
- Eat fewer carbs – Refined carbs have more calories and less nutritional value. They have also been linked to gaining belly fat, according to some studies. Try replacing refined and simple carbs with complex carbs and whole foods.
- Choose healthy fats – Saturated and Trans fats are detrimental to health and linked with the development of belly fat. Instead, consuming healthy fats such as polyunsaturated fats will keep you full and satisfied for long.
- Eat more vegetables and foods – Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet, which are low carb alternative and also add fibre to the diet.
Lifestyle Changes for Weight Loss
Making a few lifestyle changes such as sticking to a routine and having an active lifestyle will help get rid of excess belly fat and keeps you fit. Make it a point to increase your activity levels daily to burn calories. Taking movement breaks your body needs on regular intervals will also keep your mood elevated and your body in shape. Some useful tips include –
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Park further and take a walk to your destination
- Take stretching breaks if working on a laptop or sitting for long hours
- Skip public transport to walk or cycle instead
- Use a standing desk for work
- Reduce your alcohol consumption
- Practice mindful eating and try to eat slower than usual
- Practice calming meditation or yoga to combat stress
- Do breathing exercises to target belly fat
- Improve your sleeping pattern and take good quality sleep
- Quit smoking
Exercises That Help To Reduce Belly Fat
Targeted exercises can help reduce belly fat faster and get a toned abdomen in no time. These include –
- Cardio – Cardiovascular exercises help in boosting the heart rate and burn calories faster to reduce body fat and tone up the muscles. Some cardio exercises to include in your exercise routine include walking, running, swimming, high knee running, etc.
- HIIT – High-Intensity Interval Training or HIIT is an excellent way to reduce belly fat even for adults with more weight. These include Pilates, weight lifting, crunches etc.
- Strength Training – Strength training focuses on reducing body weight and building muscle mass. Doing strength training, twice a week can aid in fat loss around the belly.
If you are looking to reduce fat from the targeted areas without any diet, exercise or surgical intervention, then Oliva’s Belly Fat Removal program is ideal for healthy weight management with long-term benefits. This non-invasive procedure helps to lose accumulated fats through natural elimination using sophisticated ultrasound and radiofrequency technology. The ultrasound waves reach beneath the abdomen to destroy subcutaneous fat cells and discharge them into the body’s lymphatic system for natural removal. The procedure is carried out by experienced dermatologists and offers long-lasting results.
Belly fat can be stubborn to get rid of, and sometimes neither exercises nor do dietary changes work. For those who want to shed those extra few inches and get toned, flatter abdomen without any strenuous workout or complicated diet, they can do so and achieve faster results in no time with an authorized fat removal program specially customized for you.